When good apps go bad.
We're sorry you're experiencing difficulties with your Spinlight app. The good news is that most problems are generally easy to fix. And if the following solutions don't work, you can usually download your app again for free from the store where you bought it.
While the following troubleshooting guide was written for the iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch, the same general steps apply to most devices. For more specific advice, see the manufacturer's website.
- Make sure you're up-to-date: Many problems can be solved by making sure that you have the latest version of your operating system and app installed.
- Re-launch the app: Re-launching the app often solves odd app behavior.
- If the app is open, click the Home button to exit the app.
- Double click the Home button to see all of the apps that are currently in your multitasking bar.
- Touch and hold the icon until it begins to jiggle. Then, tap the red negative sign in the corner to close it.
- Click the Home button one more time to close the multitasking bar and re-launch the app.
- Restart your device: If your device can be shut down normally, do that by holding the Sleep/Wake button and selecting the "Slide to power off" option. If your device has crashed or locked up, you can force the device to restart by holding down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.
- Re-download the app: It's possible that the app has been corrupted and should be re-downloaded. There is no charge to download an app that you already own from the iTunes App Store.
- Delete the existing copy of your app. To do that, locate the app on your screen and hold the icon until it begins to jiggle.
- Tap on the X in the corner and delete the app. Once the app is deleted, click the home button.
- Tap the App Store icon and make sure that you are signed in with the same account used for the original purchase.
- Locate the app in the store and re-download it.
If you're still having problems, we'll be glad to help. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following information:
- The type and model of your device. (i.e. iPhone 3G, iPad 2, etc.).
- Which version of the iOS you're using (See Settings>General>About>Version on your device).
- The app and the version you're using (See app credit screen.).
- When the problem occurs. (i.e. On startup, or when you attempt a specific action, etc.).